Walk daily with Sue is a daily walk in her life and the struggles she has with weight.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Saturday - May 23
I am doing much better. I have now lost a total of 7.50 pounds and my blood sugar has been in normal range for the past week running in the 90's . Yesterday it was 87. So things are much better. It is still a very hard thing to know what to eat but I go to St. Marys on Wednesday for an assessment and hopefully they will help me understand what I am to eat etc. The things I miss most are potatoes and bread. I am eating about one slice of whole grain bread a day but no potatoes. I also cut out all of my sweets which is not bothering me as much as the bread and potatoes. Everything I think of I have always had with potatoes. Steak & potatoes, meatloaf and potatoes, chicken and potatoes or potato salad, hamburger and french fries. So it goes on and on. I can't substitute it with rice or macronni or any kind of pasta because that is just as bad. But I am still trying and hopefully it will get easier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Life without potatoes would really be hard. I was just telling Mary that I was craving fried potatoes with onions and bacon this morning.
ReplyDelete